Using Java Console
Java applets provide a feature that is very useful when it is necessary to get additional
information about some problem: special console where the applet can trace various debug
information. This topic describes how to get information from the Java console.
Using Java Console
Opening Java Console on Windows
- Find the Java icon in the notification tray (coffee cup icon). If there is no Java in
the system tray, you should enable it with the following steps:
- Go to Start menu -> Control Panel -> Java
- Switch to Basic tab (which is opened by
- Select the Show Java in System Tray
- Click the Apply button and close the Java
- Right-click the Java icon in the system tray and select Open
Opening Java Console on Mac
- Open Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Java Preferences by double click.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Show Console checkbox.
- Click the Apply Now button.
- As soon as you run the browser with any Java applet, the console window will appear.
Java Console Usage
After you open Java console, use Image Uploader to
reproduce the problem. Debug information will be automatically dumped into the console.
You can set the trace level - the parameter that determines how much debug
information should be displayed. This value can be a number from 1 (brief) through
5 (most verbose).
To select a trace level, just type a number from
Other console commands are displayed in the beginning of the console output. Also, you can
display this list of commands by typing
h in the console.
What Information Can Be Found?
Image Uploader writes various information into the
console. Some information makes sense for developers only, but some information can be useful
for you as well. For example:
- Version number of the ImageUploader37.jar.
- Cookies, which are recognized by Image Uploader
and about to be sent to the server.
- Additional POST fields which will be sent to the server.
- HTTP response from the server (HTTP code as well as HTML generated by the upload
- ...and some other details.
If you create support case, the console output may help to find out
the reason of the problem and its resolution.