Get a 30-day trial Integrate a batch file download tool directly into a site. Great for document/digital asset management systems and similar solutions.
01/10/2014 - File Downloader 7.0.9
- Now the message, which states that File Downloader cannot access the local file system due to Safari security settings, can be modified via the noFileSystemAccessInSafari property. In addition, it contains a host name of the currently opened website.
11/1/2013 - File Downloader 7.0.8
- Added support of IE11.
- Now if Safari prevents the applet to access the file system, it automatically displays instructions how to enable access.
10/22/2013 - File Downloader 7.0.7
- Added support of Java 7 Update 45.
5/23/2013 - File Downloader 7.0.6
4/19/2013 - File Downloader 7.0.5
- Added support of new security restrictions introduced in Java 1.7u21. The new security approach made previous versions of File Downloader inoperable unless mixed code security verification is disabled in Java settings.
3/7/2012 - File Downloader 7.0.4
- Domain-tree license is now available in Premium edition.
- Fixed a problem with the fileName parameter of the DownloadItemComplete event.
7/13/2011 - File Downloader 7.0.3
- Cookie support is added; earlier losing authentication cookies could result in "The server returned a wrong size..." error. To set cookies use the Cookie property..
6/10/2011 - File Downloader 7.0.2
- Now the minimum required version of JRE is 1.5.
- Fixed the problem with download if files are added using the DownloadFileAdd() method and the FileList is not specified.
2/19/2011 - File Downloader 7.0.1
- File Downloader now supports non-Internet Explorer browsers, i.e. Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, and Safari for Mac OS.
- Background download mode is available now; use the ShowProgressDialog property to hide the Progress Dialog and download files in background.
- Format of license keys has been changed.
- All updates will be available only as a part of a maintenance subscription; for full licensing conditions see the Licensing Information topic.
- Starting from version 7.0.1 you can obtain a trial license key using Request Evaluation Keys tool.
10/15/2010 - File Downloader 2.1.7
- Fixed the problem with file list decoding.
10/8/2010 - File Downloader 2.1.6
- Support of HTTP 1.1 chunked transfer encoding.
2/27/2010 - File Downloader 2.1.4
- Support of Windows 7.
- Support of downloading via HTTPS.
- New 303 and 304 error codes were added to the Error event.
- Fixed the problem with download resuming.
- Now encoded URLs are processed properly.
- Now columns in the file list (displayed in the Download Confirmation Dialog) can be removed.
- Fixed the problem with displaying server name in the Download Confirmation Dialog.
- Now total file size is displayed correctly.
- Fixed the problem with File Downloader crash when a log file contains too long strings.
- Now strings from a log file can be copied correctly.
5/30/2008 - File Downloader 2.0
- Licensing changes.
- Evaluation process changes.
- Compatibility with Windows Vista (including Internet Explorer 7 Protected Mode).
- Support of automatic download recovery if connection was interrupted. The number of reconnection attempts and the time interval between them can be specified with ReconnectAttemptsCount andReconnectTimeOut properties, respectively.
- Improved download mechanism.
- Improved GUI.
- The progress of downloading file list is shown by progress bar.
- Download process can be initiated in the script using the Download method.
- Folder chosen in the Browse for folder dialog by default can be specified with theDefaultDestinationFolder property.
- ...a number of various minor improvements and performance optimizations.
- Problem with hang ups during downloads is solved.
- Limitation of the maximum number of file list items is significantly increased.
- Insufficient disk space error is handled correctly.
- Fixed memory leak problems.
- ...a number of various minor bug fixes.
Breaking Changes in API
- The BrowseForFolderDialogMessageText property is renamed toBrowseForFolderDialogText.
- The DownloadCompleteDialogMessageText property is renamed toDownloadCompleteDialogText.
- The DownloadConfirmationDialogMessageText property is renamed toDownloadConfirmationDialogText.
- The DoYouWantToOpenFolderMessage property is renamed to MessageOpenFolderText.
- The FileExistsDialogMessageText property is renamed to FileExistsDialogText.