Aurigma Upload Suite 8.1.15
Upload Suite Overview
Upload Suite is a set of powerful upload components designed for document management systems, file sharing Web sites, Web 2.0 projects, photo print services, galleries, social networks, e-commerce, and other upload-enabled solutions. Its primary intent is making mass file uploads easy. Here, it enables multiple file upload, upload of entire folders, pre-upload client-side files and images optimization.
Upload Suite components are client-side add-ons supported by the most of browsers and operating systems. It is shipped with the following facilities intended to integrate these add-ons with Web solutions on various platforms:
- ActiveX/Java Uploader ASP.NET and HTML5/Flash Uploader ASP.NET make it possible to deploy and configure Aurigma uploaders in Microsoft Visual Studio via design mode and handle uploaded data almost without coding.
- ActiveX/Java Uploader PHP and HTML5/Flash Uploader PHP are collections of classes that allows PHP developers to work with Aurigma Uploaders in a usual way as with common PHP objects.
Upload Suite provides rich functionality that can be used to perform a variety of specific tasks. It can be used in a wide range of solutions and meets requirements posed both for an upload workflow and for an upload tool. To illustrate this, let us highlight the most important Upload Suite features:
- Fast upload. Upload Suite sends files and additional data as fast as it can. You can configure Upload Suite to send files in separate packages containing a few files and data, or split a file into several chunks and upload them one by one in separate requests. Moreover, Upload Suite can upload files in several threads concurrently, what allows increasing upload speed significantly. Multithreaded upload is available in ActiveX/Java Uploader only.
- Fail-safe upload. To make upload more reliable, Upload Suite can automatically resume an upload process without sending already uploaded files (in chunks or packages) again, if the upload process is broken. This feature is available in ActiveX/Java Uploader only.
- Pre-upload image processing. Upload Suite performs all the image-related operations client-side. It can recompress, resize, rotate, and crop images, apply watermarks, and extract EXIF and IPTC metadata.
- User-friendly upload. Upload process is indicated with a progress bar, thus, users always know for how long to wait, and they can always stop the upload process if it takes too long.
- Integratability and customizability. Upload Suite installation pack contains real-life code samples allowing you to integrate it in your existing solution with ease. The customizability of POST requests allows seamless data exchange between Upload Suite and third-party applications and APIs. As a tool, Upload Suite is designed to easily change its appearance. It provides rich functionality to replace buttons by your images, customize colors, fonts and other look and feel settings, and even change panes layout - all this allows you to adapt Upload Suite to your website look and feel. Furthermore, you can modify not just Aurigma Uploader appearance, but any text captions and messages. This way you can translate Upload Suite user interface into any language.
- Upload files to cloud storages support. Upload Suite includes special extensions which allow uploading files directly to a cloud storage from a browser. The most popular storages Amazon S3 and Nirvanix are supported. The Uploading to Amazon S3 Cloud Storages topic contains the detailed instructions on how to implement it. Uploading to cloud storages is available in ActiveX/Java Uploader only.
Upload Suite is available in three editions: Express, Professional, and Premium. Express and Professional editions are intended to be used in projects that do not require uploading large amounts of data, making thumbnails larger than 3 or 5 megapixels and the other printing-related features, namely, Web 2.0 solutions, professional solutions, e-commerce solutions, and so on. Upload Suite Premium does not have such restrictions. See the Upload Suite Editions topic for more details.