Aurigma Image Uploader Flash 7.2.9
General Improvements and New Features
- Now you can display your own messages in the Information Bar.
- Added the following localizations: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Turkish, Spanish, Hebrew, and Russian.
- Fixed the problem with view mode when it was reset to Tiles after changing visual theme.
- Fixed the problem with flickering during changing visual theme.
- Fixed the problem with URL validation.
- Fixed the problem with upload process being stuck if the Converter.ThumbnailCopyExif property is set to true.
General Improvements and New Features
- Improved responsiveness and overall speed of user interface.
- Support of EXIF and IPTC metadata; for more information see the Working with EXIF and IPTC Metadata topic.
- RTL support.
- Automatic rotation of images based on EXIF metadata; for more information see the Rotating Images topic.
- Sending files by chunks; for more information see the Sending File at Once or in Several Parts topic.
- Now the minimum required version of the Adobe Flash Player is 10.1.
- Now users can be restricted from changing view in the upload pane by hiding Change View combo box.
- Upload Pane behavior is slightly changed: now it scrolls down automatically when new files are added to the Upload Pane.
- Now upload process can be cancelled on "preparing files to upload" stage.
- The Adding Files dialog has a self-explanatory label now.
- Now all files from a set selected by a user to add to the Upload Pane are cleared from the Upload Pane if a user clicks Cancel button on "adding files to upload list" stage.
- Now progress bar indicates files preparing as a part of the upload process.
- Image Uploader Flash works with Internet Explorer 9 now.
- The "out of memory" problem, caused by selecting too many files to the Upload Pane, is resolved; for more information see the Uploading Large Amount of Images topic.
- The overlay appearing on upload stage is customizable now.
- Fixed the bug with the AdditionalFormName property.
- The ImageUploaderFlash.AddFilesProgressDialog class representing the Adding Files dialog and the ImageUploaderFlash.AddFilesProgressDialog property providing access to the dialog's settings were added.
The following properties were added:
- Converter.ThumbnailCopyExif, Metadata.Exif, Converter.ThumbnailCopyIptc, Metadata.Iptc, and Metadata.ValueSeparator allow to work with images metadata; for more information see the Working with EXIF and IPTC Metadata topic.
- The ImageUploaderFlash.EnableAutoRotation property turns on the automatic EXIF-based photo rotation feature.
- The PaneItem.EnableDisproportionalExifThumbnails property indicates whether Image Uploader Flash is allowed to show disproportional thumbnails containing in EXIF metadata (if any) or not.
- The TopPane.ShowViewComboBox property allows to hide the Change View combo box.
- The UploadSettings.ProgressBytesMode property specifies how to estimate total/uploaded amount of bytes.
- The ImageUploaderFlash.Locale property sets the control locale.
- The PaneItem.ToolbarAlwaysVisible property, which allows to make additional controls always visible.
- The UploadSettings.ChunkSize property configures chunk upload mode.
... and some other minor changes and bug fixes.
- Format of license keys has been changed.
Image Uploader Flash API was significantly changed, now it is very similar to API of Image Uploader 7. You can find the full lists of changes in the following articles:
- ASP.NET API Changes between Versions 1 and 7
- PHP API Changes between Versions 1 and 7
Also, there are some changes which are worth to highlight:
- The Error event is added. This event fires if some error is occurred during the current upload session.
- The RestrictionFailed event is added. This event fires if one of selected files does not meet specified restrictions.
- Now Progress event does not allow to get information about errors occurred during current upload session. Use Error event to get information about errors.
- The files.remove(Number) method is added. This method allows removing files from the Upload Pane.
- The codeBase default value is "./Scripts/aurigma.imageuploaderflash.swf" now.
- POST request format is changed; see the POST Field Reference.
- The /PHPHLibrary folder is renamed to /PHPClasses.
- The /ClientScripts folder is renamed to /Scripts.
- Fixed problem with wrong number of converters, which occurred if prototype.min.js was added to the page.
- Fixed problem with minimum required version of Adobe Flash Player, now Image Uploader Flash requires Flash Palyer 10 to be installed.
- Fixed the problem with the GUI redrawing. Previous versions did not update user interface before the first thumbnails had been finished.
- Hebrew localization is added.
- Save and Cancel buttons in Description Editor are localizable now. Use the descriptionEditor.saveButtonText and descriptionEditor.cancelButtonText properties for this.
- The Send button is renamed to Upload.
- The Stop button is renamed to Cancel.
- The List View is renamed to Upload Pane.
- Fixed the problem with Image Uploader Flash ASP.NET which generated the error while being added to a web form via Visual Studio designer.